Sunday, October 31, 2010

Project reflection






As I reflect on the visual argument project, I realized that what I liked most about the project was the fact that I was finally able to use my artistic skills towards something academic at Tech. I took photos from all over the campus, which is an activity that I already love, and then used editing software to enhance the aesthetics even more. I loved seeing the transformation from original photograph to the doctored version. The hardest part was restraining myself from editing the pictures even more. Although I didn't realize it at the time, the actual amount of hours I spent on this project out numbered the previous assignment by at least 5 or 6 hours. Whenever I got stuck on a chem lab or calculus problem, I would switch over to editing my images and thinking about my argument, and it gave my brain a sort of reprieve from all the numbers and concepts and allowed me to exercise another area of thinking and creating. I appreciated the ability to do so without actually wasting my time on something that wasn't related to my classes. Overall, I enjoyed getting to work on something more artistic and getting to know the campus on a deeper level.

No comments:

Post a Comment